When I say I do.

/
4 Comments
"He helped clean up my spew. "

It was probably the most embarrassing thing I've ever did in our almost-4-years relationship. Last Saturday, I threw up from drinking too much in front of the door, and he helped clean up my spew, without even offering. No question asked. I've decided to wash the dishes when you're lazy, that's my lifetime promise to you.

What he did that day, just set the whole picture clearer. I wrote this story so I wouldn't forget about it, as long as internet exists.

It happened last year. 
If you've read my experience on the Chateau, that was the time he first proposed. 
While we are on our way heading to the Chateau, I accidentally discovered his search "proposing in a restaurant" on his phone. I was really nervous the whole trip because I did not expect it and I wondered what I should say if he really asked.

True enough, when someone kneels down in front of you even with you expecting it, your mind just goes all blank. He did not propose on the dinner, or in between any meals. It's hilarious he brought me to breakfast before we left the Chateau and just when I am so confident that it was a false alarm, he caught me off guard. 

Just right after he asked if I wanted a picture next to a yellow wall, I turn around saw his knee on floor.
I never say no.

But I never say yes. 


A week before I left  to USA, I received a message from one of the advertising companies regarding a collaboration. (damn Donovan, you got me)  He texted me regarding on a "long term project" (my god Don, should have said pun intended!) if I would be interested. Knowing I am the most famous and most responsible blogger in Malaysia HAHA, I had planned to turn it down due to the unknown future laid upon me. God knows if USA has internet for me to keep blogging. (HAHA) 

And Leon deserves an Oscar for this. I asked him about what he thinks about meeting up with the client for this "long term project" that I might be unable to deliver. He say I should go give it a shot, casually. This time I am totally caught off guard. By this time, I thought he took the last proposal as a "silent yes" and the previous proposal has all but disappeared from my mind. 

But he surprised me, this time.

The whole event made the little hairs on my skin stand as the meeting was set on a weekday night, and Donovan actually sent me a message reminding me to dress nicely and doll up. 

I found it very very intriguing, but I really never thought that the "client" I am meeting is definitely signing this contract with me....

"Hi, Don. I am here at Signature by the hill but the waiter say there are no tables booked under your name and I don't see any sign of any other bloggers"
"Oh wait, I call them...."
I was placed on hold for a very long time.
"Okay, you can now go up. It's next to the cafe called "Stratosphere" and come up now. Just give them your name" 

I am like, wait... 
Is Donovan planning a kidnapping? I texted Leon to tell him what happened just to make sure if anything happens, somebody knows my story.
Two grey ticks. Message not read. 


While I am walking up the STUPID STRATOSPHERE LONG ASS stairs, I was thinking how weird this whole event is and I don't see any familiar faces around. 
"but I don't think Donovan interested in me or he is some kind of guy that will kidnap somebody (unattractive) like me...." 

And still thinking about how bizarre is this, I also thinking how poor I am to risk myself for this. HAHAHAHA. Why I am willing to do this I don't even know. And guess my mind just cannot stop thinking about nonsense. 

And when I reach the top... 
Some photographer just flashes me with a camera, and I thought to myself, oh... I am safe, this is an event. While I am walking on the red carpet, it seems odd. The place is rather quiet. And I saw this secret client of mine. I can tell who he is at the back. He is at the end of the aisle of flowers. He is my Leon. 

I walked towards this and he pitched a very fucking long speech. 
Seriously I have no idea what he said. (Some I love you forever stuff) I am just overwhelmed. It's all in my head that how good this guy had TRICKED ME INTO THIS. I almost thought at last somebody gonna kidnapped me or something. And the very first time, I didn't have the slightest clue of his plan. And this Donovan! ARgh!

They just outgrown their acting skills! 
Especially for a bad liar like Leon!

I am a full mind of "FUCK FUCK FUCK I LOST LIAOOOOO, I'm no longer the best liar nor actress here"

Looking at Leon when walking towards him.
And there he is, with my favorite love song Ellie Goulding's "How long would I love you" in the background, his very very long winded introduction of his proposal which I have zero interest, as I am impatient.

"I think you can skip this and can you put the ring on me already?" 
He stoned for a while. 
"Okay never mind you can finish whatever you want to say." 
And he stuttered and forgot his last line. 
I laughed.

This is all just like the first time we met... Like Dejavu.
He tell me about himself, with the longest introduction I've ever had while I'm rushing to leave. 
"Do you still want my phone number or not?" 
He again stoned for a while.


"Yes, I do." He handed over the phone.


"Yes, I do!" He put the ring on. 


Signing off, 
It's all so magical that night. 




You may also like

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you!! congrats on the awesome occasion :) I rmb feeling apprehensive when i thought my bf was gonna propose bc i overheard some stuff(so far he hasn't, yet) but I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gillian! Yes! I'm still feeling overwhelmed writing this whole journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was caught by the title and came in for a look
    I read till the end and I can feel how sweet both of you are
    Congrats to you and your future hubby :)
    I do hope in future someone will give me a surprise proposal as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Emily! Yes, he can be really sweet in a silly way! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

House Rules

Just in case you forget, this is my space so I can rant about anything and everything. All comments are very much welcome BUT all mean comments and inconsiderate suggestions/advices will be read but deleted because I can.

So, unless you have nice things to say or just STFU. :)
Cheers!