5 tips to Keep My Hair Purple

/
2 Comments

"NICE hair!" 

"Cool hair."

"Awesome"

Not to sound cocky, but I get that A LOT #capslock #highlight #OMG.
There are so many people that brighten up my day, giving different compliment on my hair everyday, seriously.  However, it's a love hate relationship towards all these compliments for me as well. Guess there is no any other parts of my body worth any compliments. :( #gavein

Truthfully my head does not naturally grow purple hair. It's only purple cause I am a nice and hard-working girl. #heehehehe:) And to keep this mane constantly looking good #goodhairday, I have to be attentive on taking care on them, so today I will teach you all how to keep your mane healthy, or at least LOOK healthy!


1. USE DRY SHAMPOO. 

You should not shampoo your hair that often from now on. Especially the first 3 days after you dyed your hair (if you could last it for a week that's the best). Replace your shampoo routine with dry shampoo. It really helps in keeping the color lasts.


2. HAIR CONDITIONER? SCREW THAT. 

If you still using hair conditioner, shame on you. Replace it with hair treatment cream! Let it coat your hair for 5 minutes or so and you shall see a difference.


3. TREAT THEM COLD!
Wash your hair with cold water, as hot water will open up the hair follicles and allow the water to wash away all the proteins and colors </3. You are also advised to use cold air to dry your hair or air dry them. Before that make sure you put lots of serum <3

You can get a curl like this just by tying them in a bun overnight. NO heat process acquired.

4. BE PICKY ON PRODUCTS. 
There are tons of products out there with tons of promising ingredients and effects but most of the time the products don't help. I spend ALOT on buying hair products and I experiment with them, but do take note that different people have different hair type and they react differently with different products. I will show you a few of my favorite ones.

  • Shisheido The Hair Care Aqua Intensive
  • Keratase Chroma RICHE ( there is different with riche and captive, do take note, they look very similar) Chroma Riche is more for sensitized hair and scalp.

  • Loreal Smooth-Intense Anti-Frizz Shampoo and treatment

The treatment cream/masque of Shisheido and Keratase are mostly unavailable in normal drugstores in Malaysia (eg. supermarket/watson/ guardians) however this Loreal one you could easily get it everywhere and it's relatively cheaper compared to the Keratase and Shiseido that I recommended, however the effect does not lasts that long imo. 


5. TRIM THEM!

Seriously, stop listening all those bullshit about not trimming your hair. If your hair condition is really bad and it does not heal as fast as they grow, I guess it's time to trim them. Reason so is hair begins to split around the 3-4 month mark, which is when you’ll actually need a trim. If you don't trim, you'll have problem with split ends, and you must know that split ends travels up the hair :) and you never want that. Wah piang*, good thing is, you'll have fuzzy look hair, which will look more voluminous.


Most important point of all is healthy hair comes from a healthy scalp. 
I have to commit a lot of money for that because constantly bleaching my hair has not really ruined my hair but my scalp. But it depends on the scalp type, as for me, I have very sensitive hair scalp, my scalp reacts badly to bleaching agents.

So if you "diedie-also" want to bleach your hair even though you have sensitized scalp just like me and without considering all the consequences cause all of that in your mind is "Fuck-it-YOLO", here is a really good tip for you: 

Buy a big jar of aloe vera gel, put in ALOT of aloe vera gel on your scalp after the bleaching/hair dye process, and constantly add on it. It will help the healing and soothe the burning effect. Leave it overnight and DO NOT wash the aloe vera gel away. Just add on more when it dries up. ( I usually do that for 2-3 days) .


I have to stress that having beautiful colors on hair need high maintenance, (spend alot time and money on intensive care). If you are not financially ready probably you should go back to the NORMAL COLOR lah.


xx
Sound off what you think at the comment box below!

Carina.


You may also like

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I remember when I was younger, I LOVE coloring my hair but colored hair is such a pain when it comes to keeping it nice and healthy. I gave up! Heheeee. Anyway, nice color you have there :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nana! Thank you! But I was curious about your religious allow you to dye your hair?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

House Rules

Just in case you forget, this is my space so I can rant about anything and everything. All comments are very much welcome BUT all mean comments and inconsiderate suggestions/advices will be read but deleted because I can.

So, unless you have nice things to say or just STFU. :)
Cheers!