Let's Picnic!

/
0 Comments

If there's one reason I want to escape from a tropical country, picnicking in a cool climate country definitely ranks high.  I love picnic so much not because of the food, but also the culture of picnicking. Under the sun, cool weather, fresh air, dogs running around. It's like catching up with nature and also a healthy activity to do with some friends that are dear to you.

Usually I love it in the evening, but I started to appreciate morning picnics ever since the last one we had for our friend. It's a birthday picnic.


I have gone picnicking for years, and I still love it as much as when I first started. How I hope I have the luxury of doing it weekly! 
These are some of the tips that I must share:

1. Don't bring alcoholic/ glass bottled / big bottled drinks. 

As much as we all love the idea of a cool beer next to the pond with some tidbits, we have to be concerned with our Muslim friends. Another big no-no is bringing big bottled drinks and cups! This is because the terrain on grass often are uneven, the next thing you realize after a big laugh is some drinks tumbling around and everyone screaming over sugary drinks on their lap. 

2. Don't forget about bringing a HUGE MAT, best if it's waterproof. 

But in this case, it also differs as it depends on the number of friends in your picnic.  The more friends the bigger the mat. However, a waterproof one is definitely a must! Grass in the morning is usually wet no matter if it's a raining day before or not. It is best to avoid wet patches on the back!

3.  Don't bring food that is messy to eat. 

To me, picnic revolves around foods that are fuss free, mess free, not too complex, and green. Avoid foods that need too much assembly, need a lot of cutting, and mess impossible to wipe away with more than one tissue.  No soups! Sandwiches, nuggets, curry puff, sponge cakes, little hotdogs, biscuits and chicken wings/drumsticks are the best. Individual packed salads are good too.

For drinks, always go for individual bottle soft drinks. They are portable, easy to drink and hard to make a mess too! Longed for alcohol? Transfer them in a soft drink bottle before hand. #sneaky


4. Don't forget the sunscreen and fan

These are a must for a tropical country. But for me, as long as it's before 11am or after 5pm, that should be fine. Do look for a shady area to set up your picnic!

5. BRING BACK THE RUBBISH WITH YOU

As much as I would hate to mention, Malaysians can be a little bit forgetful on littering. So please remember to bring a bag to take back all the tissue wipes, all the rubbish, and make sure the picnic spot looks exactly the same as before.



That's all on the tips from me. Also remember to take a lot pictures and have so much fun! Bring some music if you want!


Signing off,
Wish you love picnics as much as I do!




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

House Rules

Just in case you forget, this is my space so I can rant about anything and everything. All comments are very much welcome BUT all mean comments and inconsiderate suggestions/advices will be read but deleted because I can.

So, unless you have nice things to say or just STFU. :)
Cheers!